Westshore Lake 101
You searched for this information. What questions do you have? Feel free to submit them using the form at the bottom of the page.
Frequently asked questions (as of August 2019*):
- Why can’t I walk all of the way around the lake?
- Part of the lake path belongs to the residents at Four Seasons, which is a private gated community.
- To who do I report lake issues?
- These would be reported to the management company, FirstService at (800) 920-6450
- Why is the lake a concern?
- The true expenses of the lake are unknown. The developer is currently paying them and unable to tell anyone what the current costs are.
- What will it mean to be financially responsible?
- Any failure of the lake will be our burden, we must financially plan for all contingencies – before we are responsible.
- Who is currently financially responsible for the lake?
- The Developer, K. Hovnanian. The developer’s employees have been trying for several months to force the City to accept the lake parcel, which would immediately transfer all financial responsibility to Westshore and Four Seasons Homeowner Associations.
- Who owns the lake?
- Ultimately the City of Sacramento will own the lake parcel. Per the HOAs’ governing documents the lake expenses will be shared by Four Seasons and Westshore on some proportionate basis.
- What types of things will the associations be paying for?
- Maintaining water quality
- Repairing any leaks in the lake
- All liability insurance
- Maintenance of the fountains
- Maintenance of the aerating system
- Dredging of the lake, which may happen ever 20 years
- Funding reserves for long-term issues & maintenance
*As of February 2021 the lake is still owned by the Developer. The developer is negotiating on what is next and what needs to be fixed.